Health & Safety Policy
Creating a healthier tomorrow everyday
At USL, we envisage an environment where team members can enjoy their job, knowing that we’re dedicated to helping them work 100% accident free.
We believe that:
- Accidents are preventable
- Team members have the right to work safely and to speak up about safety concerns
- Safety can co-exist with production priorities
- Everyone is responsible for the safety of themselves and others
- Legal compliance is a minimum standard to achieve
- Managers must maintain an understanding of safety systems and principles
- All team members have the opportunity to participate in safety improvements
- Good safety behaviour will be rewarded. Unacceptable safety behaviour will not be tolerated
- Injuries and near miss events are reported accurately on every occasion
- Management is accountable for all injuries
- Safety conversations are included at all management and operational meetings
We will be measured by continual improvement in these beliefs.